Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Taken


Movie: Taken (2008)
Starring: Liam Neeson

I was very excited to watch this movie when I first heard about it. I'm happy to say that it did not disappoint :)

Taken is about a man, Bryan, who has spent his life focusing on his career as a spy at the cost of his marriage. Stuck in the middle is his daughter, whom he adores, and is trying to make up for lost time with now that he is no longer working. Protective and devoted, he is leery when his daughter says that she has been invited to spend the summer with her friend in Paris. He ignores his intuition and he decides to sign the papers to give her permission to go abroad......it's a decision that he soon regrets.

What I Did Not Like About This Movie:

- Bryan's ex-wife, Lenore, (played by Famke Jansen) is the biggest most ignorant bitch of a mother on the planet. When Bryan is being logical about being worried about his SEVENTEEN year old daughter spending an entire summer abroad, Lenore just keeps yelling at him about being a "bad father" and about being a control freak. Oh! OHHH! I'm sorry....excuse him for worrying about his daughter rather than be like you and say "Yes! Go! It'll give me the whole summer to focus on myself! Pedicures and drunken binges!! Yayyy!" And on top of this, Lenore keeps important details about the trip a secret from Bryan. Hmmm....maybe the fact that your marriage failed isn't so much about him working but more because you're just a mega-bitch who uses bullying and verbal insults to get your way :/

- Something happens to one of the main players in the film and then it is not ever mentioned again. I would have liked it better if at the end of the movie they mentioned this person again to kind of tie up some loose ends to let us know whatever happened to them. That is really my main dislike about this movie....

- Way too much of the movie was just too convenient for me....It wasn't very believable that things could actually turn out that way BUT that is why it's a MOVIE! This didn't take away from the experience for me, though....just....I dunno....yeah....too convenient.

What I Liked About This Movie:

- ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! From very early on in the film, once things get rolling, it's non-stop action and is full of plenty of violence and badassery! :D

- Liam Neeson is a MACHINE!!!!! That is all I'm going to say! This guy is amazing in this movie!! I cant even imagine how many hours of training he had to complete to be able to pull of some of the moves that he does in this film....UNBELIEVABLE!

- The storyline is great and it deals with an issue that is not really talked about enough (human trafficking). It keeps your interest throughout and I personally was never left bored.

- The best dinner scene ever....EVER.....in ANY film, is in THIS movie! haha You'll know what I mean when you watch it :) NO MERCY! I love it. This scene just shows that Bryan will stop at nothing to get the information that he needs in order to save his daughter's life.

- I actually learned some good tips from this movie on what to do and not do when put in a situation of possibly being kidnapped and also on just how to be smart in not giving out too much information about yourself to people that you do not know. Most of what got the girls in trouble had to do with them being young and immature but it could really happen to anybody who is just not being careful and not on guard.

Rating:
- I give this movie 4.5 out of 5 hearts. I liked it very much but there were some holes in the storyline that took away from the overall movie for me in the end. <3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment