Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Serendipity


Movie: Serendipity (2001)
Starring: John Cusack & Kate Beckinsale

Okay, if you know nothing else about me, one thing that you should know is that I am one of the biggest John Cusack fans that you will ever meet. That being said, this movie is my favorite of any movie that he has ever done!

Serendipity is not just a love story...it's way more than that. It follows the lives of Jonathan Trager (Cusack) and Sara Thomas (Beckinsale) after they have a chance meeting in NYC one day where they fall in love. Years go by, they're both engaged to be married, but they never quite forgot about eachother....and that's where the search begins....



What I Don't Like About This Movie:

- Nothing. Sorry :P I just can't think of anything. It is one of my favorites of all time! :)


What I Like About This Movie:

- From the very beginning, I am in love. The very first song that you hear in this movie is my favorite Christmas song :) ("Cool Yule" - Louis Armstrong)

- The storyline is amazing and has a great pace.

- The movie is set in NYC, which is one of my favorite places on earth (that I've been to so far). This movie makes me want to be there at Christmastime so bad I cant stand it! :)

- This movie is why I own a copy of "Love in the Time of Cholera" By: Gabriel Garcia Marquez with my name and phone number in the front! (you'll understand when you watch! lol)

- The music in this movie is breathtaking....I love the soundtrack and have listened to it over and over again!! The songs are just so beautiful and unique....

- The tagline to this movie is "Destiny...with a sense of humor"...I could not have said it better myself. The movie could have been made to be serious but I'm so glad that it wasn't! Sara's best friend is Molly Shannon and Jonathan's is played by Jeremy Piven and they keep you laughing throughout! :) John Cusack's delivery of each and every line is PERFECT and adds to the comedic aspect of the film. And Sara's fiance' is hilarious without even meaning to be lol If you watch this movie, the part where he is watching a music video that his band made is one of my favorites...

- This movie really fills you with hope for true love and the power that it has to make everything work out the way that it is supposed to in the end....

- It's a movie that I think that everyone should see....I know several guys who even love it so it's not just for girls by any means....It is hard to even write a review on this movie....it's just one of those movies that you have to SEE to really understand anything about it....it can't really be explained....Anyone who has ever really truly been in love and felt it in the deepest part of themselves and then lost it will be able to relate to this movie so well! And anyone who hasnt - this movie gives you HOPE! <3

Rating:
I give this movie a 10 out of 5 stars!! And you know when I do that it means that it's in my absolute TOP favorites of any genre :) AMAZING!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment