Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Presumed Innocent


Movie: Presumed Innocent (1990)
Starring: Harrison Ford

You know that nightmare where you are sitting in the most unbelievably boring class listening to a professor lecture in monotone. You stare pleadingly at the clock, praying for the class to just END. What feels like an hour later you look at the clock again and find out that it's only been about 3 minutes.....That is what it is like when you are watching this movie.

Presumed Innocent is about a prosecutor (Ford) who is assigned to investigate the murder of one of his co-workers. His fingerprints ultimately turn up at the scene of the crime and he has to admit that he has been having an affair with her. And that is just the beginning of his problems.....Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Sure. That's why I watched it. However, not everything is as great as it seems at face value and that is certainly true for this movie.

What I Like About This Movie:

- As with so many movies that I have seen, I liked the idea of the movie, however, it was FAR too long and did not hold my attention. It really could have been a good movie....they even had a great cast starring Harrison freaking Ford!! But even Ford's flawless performance was not enough to fix a horrible script.



What I Did Not Like About This Movie:

- WAAAYYY too long....It was an absolute chore to try to make it through to the end of this movie.

- The ending was really stupid....I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who plans on watching it but it just was far too predictable for me....

- His wife annoyed me in this movie....She put up with WAY too much from him and it just seemed unrealistic to me....I guess that's just because I know I wouldnt put up with even one percent of what she did....

Rating:

- This movie gets 1 out of 5 hearts for having a good basis but a horrible result.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment