Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Dead Next Door


Movie: The Dead Next Door (1989)
Starring: Pete Ferry

Okay, I am probably the biggest zombie movie fan ever. I realize that they are made mostly to be cheesy.....but this one was over the top for me. There was absolutely no plot whatsoever....The only thing that I liked about the movie was the zombies are some of the BEST that I've seen as far as makeup/special effects. However, that is the ONLY thing that I liked about this movie which is why I am not even going to bother doing this review in my usual format.

I wanted to watch this movie for two reasons: 1) It's about zombies and 2) it's reported to be the most expensive 8mm film ever made.....I'm not a fan of 8mm films, however, I wanted to see what this one was like.

There is no storyline to follow....I just...AGGGHH!!! I have no words....I'm so disappointed. My only advice to you on this movie if you ever plan to watch it is this: Get really drunk first. I mean REALLY drunk. Because maybe then you could at least watch it and probably get a good laugh out of it if nothing else :) Otherwise, I would not ever advise wasting your time with this film.

Rating:
I give this film 1 out of 5 hearts and that is ONLY because the zombies were AWESOME!!! Especially for it only being 1989. They were better than some of the ones I have seen in more recent zombie films. However, if it were not for that I would have given this film zero hearts.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment