Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Texas Chainsaw Massacre II


Movie: Texas Chainsaw Massacre II (1986)
Starring: Bill Moseley, Dennis Hopper, and Caroline Williams


I do not even know where to begin explaining how AMAZING this movie is!! I am a parnormal investigator so it takes a lot to scare me....I have pretty much seen and heard it all....but this movie had me absolutely terrified from beginning to end! If you know anything about me, you know that I love a good horror movie but I am very hard on them in my reviews for the most part....this one is definitely a MUST SEE for anyone who loves the horror genre. If you love this movie, as I do, you should definitely check out Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpes (Rainn Wilson is in it...you cant beat that;) and The Devil's Rejects, which pay homage to this horror classic. If this is not the most twisted and messed up movie (but in the most terrifying and best way possible) that you have EVER seen in your entire life then you must truly be made of steel.

In this movie, a Texas radio host is doing her show one night when two hoodlums call her raising hell while they're out driving and causing trouble around town. While on the phone with her, Leatherface and the rest of the Sawyer clan (famous for their killings in Texas Chainsaw Massacre I) show up where the boys are and saws them to pieces while the radio host and her entire radio audience listen on. The local sheriff, who has his own history with Leatherface and his clan, asks the radio DJ to play the recording of the attack on her show a few nights later in order to try to make the killers come out of hiding....and boy do they ever....

What I Liked About This Movie:

- EVERYTHING!

- The story line of this movie moves at a great pace. It has just enough suspense but it is never to the point where you get bored waiting....

- Leatherface and the rest of the his clan are all AMAZING! Their costumes, their accents, their makeup, EVERYTHING about them makes the whole movie a scream!!! They are all absolutely terrifying but also can be funny with how absolutely ignorant they are lol

- You cannot talk about this movie without specifically mentioning Bill Moseley and how absolutely amazing and what an unbelievably talented horror actor he is!!!! In this movie, Bill Moseley plays Chop Top Sawyer, one of the members of the infamous Sawyer clan. From his very first scene in the movie you know you are dealing with an actor who is not afraid to cross any boundaries!!! From his very first scene, he is terrifying and disgusting in all of the best ways. As I mentioned before, Rob Zombie made House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects in homage to these films....in both of these films you will be able to see Bill Moseley at it again pulling all the stops as Otis! He is one of the most versatile horror actors as far as his appearance...I know that you can do a lot with makeup but my goodness....he looks like a COMPLETELY different person in every film that he is in! I cannot say enough about his performance in this film....he is one of my favorite actors of all time! He is one of the most under appreciated talents of our time! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0608405/

- This movie does not even look like it was filmed in 1986....it looks so much like the cinematography that was used in The Devil's Rejects/House of 1000 Corpses that I feel more like I'm watching a 21st century horror movie, rather than one filmed 24 years ago.

- The blood and gore in most horror movies is usually very cheesed up....this movie, however, makes it all very realistic!! I was very impressed with every gore scene. I was left cringing throughout!

- While the killers are each very similar they each also have their own unique qualities....Chop Top is the just crazy off the wall one who truly gets enjoyment out of all aspects of human suffering, Leatherface is the one who has somewhat of a heart and even a bit of a conscience over what he and his family are doing....he understands that it is wrong but he wants to please his family, Grandpa is just disgusting. Period., etc. I love how different yet united they all are.

- Decaying human corpse body shields!!!! 'Nuff said!!!

- The music throughout the movie is great. Especially the song playing during the ending credits. I have always loved it when horror movies end with a cheery-sounding song :)

- Their home where they keep the bodies and their "chop shop" is so intricate in its design! So creative and so terrifying!!!!

- Those of you who know me know that my biggest fear is cannibalism. So most of the time when a movie includes cannibalism it is an automatic ratings dropper for me. However, it was tastefully done (excuse the pun) in this film so it actually upped the rating for me! :) One of the most disturbing scenes of any film that you will ever see in your entire life is in this movie. That is all that I am going to say....I dont want to spoil any of the fun for you ;)

Memorable Quotes:

Chop Top Sawyer: Who are you?

Sheriff: I am the lord of the harvest!

Chop Top: What's that? A health food bunch?

haha :)

What I Did Not Like About This Movie:

- It had to end sometime :( Truly amazing! I love a movie that is not afraid to "go there". Easily in my top 5 favorite horror films of all time....possibly even of any film genre.

Rating:

- Out of FIVE hearts, I am giving this movie TEN...that is how much I loved it! :)
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment