Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Interview With a Vampire


Movie: Interview with a Vampire (1994)
Starring: Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, & Kirsten Dunst

I have one word for you - AMAZING! I was not sure what to expect but being a vampire fan I figured that I would at the very least be entertained. I was so much more than enthralled, however, I was completely captivated!

Interview with a Vampire follows Louis (Brad Pitt) as he gives an interview to a reporter about his life as a vampire from his "birth" to present day. His life covers centuries and most of that time is spent in the company of Tom Cruise's character,Lestat. Along the way they meet Claudia (Kirsten Dunst)....A family is born :)

What I Didn't Like About This Movie:

- Some scenes were too long but nothing was overly done....there are just maybe one or two scenes that I wouldve liked to have seen cut down but I understand that they were important, too....so yeah....

What I LOVE About this Film:

- Kirsten Dunst was twelve years old when she played the role of vampire Claudia in this movie....Her performance is breathtaking....I really have no words for it. I was unbelievably impressed!

- I pretty much dislike Tom Cruise in most things....not because he is a bad actor, but just because he is annoying to me. In this movie, however, I could not have seen anyone else as Lestat. He did an amazing job.

- Brad Pitt never disappoints me. You give him a job to do and he does it way beyond anyone's expectations. While this is not my favorite of his roles (my favorite of his roles is Mickey O'Neil in Snatch) I still was taken completely in by his performance. Fascinating....

- I loved the humor in this movie lol It was a very dark film but at the same time it had some pretty funny parts in it....mainly provided by Cruise's character.

- The wardrobe and makeup were fantastic!!!

- I loved seeing New Orleans back in the 1700s and then progress on through present day. It was interesting to watch the changes take place as time passed.

Rating:
I loved this movie and as vampire movies go this is my new favorite. Very well done!! Five out of five hearts! :)

<3<3<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment