Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blade Runner



Movie: Blade Runner (1982)

This movie was interesting but it didn't keep my attention. It dragged on forever and I was pretty much confused and bored throughout all of it. I knew what the basis of the story was but there seemed to be a lot of unnecessary garbage that just took up way too much time. I loved seeing 1982's take on 2019, though :) It seems like they spent a lot of money on special effects and very little time on their script.

What I Liked About This Movie:

- I liked the whole concept of the replicants (robot people, basically)....It was an interesting theory and could have been a great movie....and actually A LOT of people LOVE this movie.....I just thought that it dragged on so much that it took away from the main point.

- There was a part in the movie where Harrison Ford was pretending to be some nerdy guy and he did the best nerd voice ever haha.....He always seems to be so serious that it was just kind of neat to see him do something a little silly :)

What I Did Not Like About This Movie:

-Daryl Hannah's hair made me itch all over and want to take a bath every time I looked at it.

- While the special effects were kind of cool, why is it that in every movie about the future EVERYTHING is NEON?! lol They had umbrellas made out of glow sticks for crying out loud. I cant take that seriously lol

- MORE BOOBS! Goodness, I have watched 3 movies so far for the Movies of the Month and every one of them I've had to deal with boobs in my face. What is this?!

Interesting Observation:

- They had flying cars in this movie and they were huge....I just thought it was interesting that in '82 they thought that our cars would have become bigger in the future when in fact they've become smaller.

- Coca Cola was obviously a huge backer of this film because periodically throughout the movie Harrison Ford would fly his car beside a HUMONGOUS glowing, blinking, neon sign that said: Enjoy Coca-Cola......shameless :)

Rating:

I give this movie 1 out of 5 hearts.....Just couldnt get into it :/ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment